Soon after the news of America launching Pfizer vaccination for COVID-19, the world got up with a new hope to fight the pandemic blues. A recent report speculated that the United Kingdom might qualify Pfizer vaccination by this week. On the other hand, another candidate of this vaccine from Russia, Sputnik V also claimed recent vaccine launch through their official Twitter handle. And the big claim is their vaccination price is going to be ‘Much lower’ than Pfizer.
Looking at the spiking cases of COVID-19 in India and other countries, concerned National Governments are pulling their socks for better safety measures to deal with the horror. The early arrival of a vaccine against the Coronavirus disease can bring some relief to the rise in cases.
Meanwhile, there can be several other vaccine candidates amidst their later stage trials. As per the world stats, 58.9 million of the population already fell prey to this deadly virus while 1.4 million unfortunate ones lost their lives.
India’s update on COVID-19 vaccination
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Health Minister, gave the latest update this Sunday about Covaxin from Bharat Biotech International Limited. Supposedly, the final trials of this COVID vaccine by India would accomplish in a month or two. Until then, the US is buzzing up to introduce Pfizer by this December.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan gave a hint about the Government plans to immunize at least 200 to 250 million of India’s population till next July. As the Indian Council of Medical Research, Bharat Biotech is leading in India amongst five other vaccine candidates working towards the successful completion.
- While the United States might begin the Virus vaccine programme from December 11- 12. Slaoui spoke to CNN about their plans of immunizing the people immediately within 24 hours of green signal from the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
- In the United States, Pfizer’s application for emergency use authorization (EUA) is already out, but the United Kingdom would show a green flag after a week of launch. Pfizer vaccination is a combined effort of BNT162b2 and BioNTech SE of Germany. Cost of Pfizer vaccine is USD 19.50 while that of Moderna is USD 37.
- India is also making all efforts to deal with the spiking havoc of Corona cases and planning to come back with lockdown rules and curfew in states with a higher number of cases.