Basically, the feet and palms get cold during the time that there is not suffice oxygen and blood supply delivered to the legs and hands. Poor blood circulation takes place. When, the circulation becomes better the problem of cold feet and palms disappears. Also, cold extremities can serve as a symptom to different health issues such as hypothermia, anaemia, restless legs syndrome, peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral neuropathy or nerve damage, Raynaud’s disease and chronic fatigue syndrome. If symptoms persist, consulting the doctor is needed. Hence, if it’s a recurrent thing, you must visit a doctor.
Below is a list of the best natural remedies for cold feet and poor blood circulation.
Warm Oil Massage Therapies
During massages on the feet, restoring warmth thru out the body takes place. This process is able to stimulate the blood flow thru out the feet and hands. Also, regular foot massage will aid in maintaining the feet to be healthy and devoid from lots of foot problems.
- Place olive, coconut or sesame oil in a microwave for a few counts.
- Generally, apply the warm oil on the cold feet.
- Massage it gently using your fingers from toe to ankle for several minutes.
- Do this for booth foot.
- Upon massaging the feet, wear cotton socks.
- Perform this every time you go to bed. You may repeat this routine in the morning.
The Process of Hydrotherapy
A hydrotherapy is one of the basic ways to cure cold feet. The process makes use of both cold and warm water soaks. Wherein, a warm water soak aids in maintaining blood circulation and the cold water soak aids in preventing symptoms.
- Use 2 foot tubs or basins, which has cold water and warm water.
- Place your feet in the cold water for several minutes.
- After, soak your feet in the warm water basin for a minute.
- Continue using the two basins for several minutes. Do this in alternating patterns.
- Dry your feet right away and wear warm socks.
- Do this for a few times until you are relieved.
You may also add essentials like ginger, rosemary, peppermint or cypress to the water.
Performing Foot Exercises
To maintain a healthy blood circulation, exercising the feet is needed. It keeps your toes warm. Furthermore, it aids in strengthening the blood vessels. For example, you may walk on your toes and your heels for several minutes. Here are some foot exercises you can perform:
- Tip your toe and stand up straight for a minute. After, slowly place your heels at lower point. Do this for several minutes.
- Upon sitting, rotate your feet clockwise and counter-clockwise for several minutes.
- Pick up a piece of a cloth or some object using your toes. Do this for several times.
Do these exercises to keep your feet warm and avoid getting cold.
Use Epsom Salt Mixture
Another basic way to keep your feet warm is the use of Epsom salt. In this procedure, the warm water will add a warming effect to your feet and the magnesium sulfate found in Epsom salt will add magnesium to your body. For a fact, poor magnesium can lead to cold feet and hands.
- Blend half a cup of Epsom salt in a basin filled with warm water.
- Mix until the salt is dissolved.
- Place your feet in the mixture for several minutes.
- Do this for twice a week.
Use Ginger As A Mixture
For a fact, the use of ginger maintains blood circulation and aids in defeating cold extremities. The root has compounds that supplies a warm effect to the body, like gingerols and zingerone. It, also, prevents blood clots.
- Boil a tablespoon of sliced ginger in 2 cups of water for several. Add some raw honey and drink it for 2 or 3 times daily.
- On other hand, to have a mixture of ginger, boil a pot of water with a lot of ginger. After cooling it down, soak feet in this solution for several minutes. Do this twice daily.
- Also, consuming ginger supplements is advisable. Consult a doctor prior to doing this.
Drinking Green Tea
One of the vital cures for cold feet is drinking green tea. It contributes to healthy vessels that deliver blood through the body and extremities.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily. To have a green tea, add a teaspoon of green tea to 1 cup of warm water, then cover and steep for several. Strain the mixture and add honey to sweeten it. Consume daily.
- Furthermore, you can also steep 3 or 4 green tea bags in a big basin of hot water for several minutes. You may soak your feet in the mixture for 10 minutes. Do this twice a day.