The Cayman Islands need to be on everyone’s bucket list for all the wonders of nature that it can offer. Comprising of three islands: the Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman—you will surely never run out of fun activities to make your holiday worth your while. With all there is to do, it’s no surprise that there are over a million tourists visiting this part of the world annually.
In 2015 alone, there were 385,379 people who traveled via airplane just to reach the Cayman Islands, whereas there was a whopping number of 1,716,812 tourists who arrived via cruise. There’s no doubt that tourism is one of Cayman Islands’ strongest suits. To further guide you in making the best of your stay, we have come up with some of the best tours that you should consider taking when you arrive there:
1. Acquarius Sea Tours : Owned by Mario and Mandy, Acquarius Sea Tours is a licensed by the Cayman Island Port Authority and by the Department of Environment. Aside from being the number one choice of tour on Tripadvisor, they like to boast about their spacious boat trip experience, excellent customer care, and a memorable tour that will truly leave a mark.
- Complimentary transport – Imagine the luxury of being picked up by an air-conditioned vehicle and being brought home by the same vehicle to guarantee a safe return. This is just the beginning of what Acquarius has to offer.
- Limited passengers – For most tours, overcrowding of other tourists is quite common, but not with Acquarius. Despite being licensed to carry 40 passengers at a time, they make sure they will only accommodate up to 26 passengers to make their experience more pleasing.
- No overcrowding – Acquarius specifically changes their route every day in order to avoid the overcrowding of the tourist spots. For you, this means greater photos because there won’t be photobombers!
- Downloadable photos – There is no doubt that capturing memorable moments while you are on your vacation is one of the most challenging things that a tourist faces. With this tour, you won’t have to worry one bit about that because their Captain Mario will be taking a lot of photos that will be available upon request. So forget the selfie stick and just enjoy the trip!
Fat Fish Adventures : Enjoy a holiday with your family by being toured around the Cayman Islands by Fat Fish Adventures, a family-owned tour service that promises nothing else than a great adventure worth every minute. It includes a tour around the best tourist spots that you won’t find anywhere else in the world!
- VIP – Say goodbye to boat overcrowding because Fat Fish only welcomes a maximum of 10 guests per tour. This private setting will surely sit well with you if you want the pleasure of traveling without becoming too touristy.
- Lobstering – The abundance of lobsters in the Cayman Islands is unbelievable. In their tour, they will include a Lobstering—where you will get to snorkel in the crystal clear water, catch some lobsters, and have it cooked with butter, garlic, and all that cheesy goodness!
- Jet skiing at Stingray City – Feel the sun on your skin and the wind in your hair by jet skiing across the crystal clear waters of the Cayman Islands. Stingray City is where you can find tons of Stingrays that are used to the presence of humans, and therefore, not harmful. This one of a kind experience will surely be one for the books.
Living the Dream Divers : This tour focuses mainly on diving opportunities that the Cayman Islands can offer. Backed by a company with over two decades of experience in the diving industry, they will be able to showcase some of the best diving spots in the Cayman Islands.
- Scuba Lessons – What better way of enjoying your holiday aside from also learning something at the same time? With Living the Dream Divers, you’ll get exclusive lessons from the master scuba diver trainers.
- Diving the Kittiwake Shipwreck – Kittiwake is a former U.S. Navy Vessel that, upon its retirement, was purchased by the Cayman Islands to serve as an artificial reef for its marine wildlife. Its interiors have been remodeled to accommodate scuba divers who wish to explore the hallways and former rooms of the vessel. Now, you can dive and enjoy this time capsule which will surely take you back in time.
- Private Charters – Living the Dream Divers will allow you to rent out their boat to cater to your personal requests. Whether it’s for an exclusive tour with your group of friends, grilling BBQ onboard, exploring the rest of the Cayman Islands and other parts of its hottest tourist spots, or a private dive or snorkel charter—Living the Dream Divers tour can make it happen for you.
Each one of those tours has their own specialty that they can offer to their guests and you’ll never run out of options! All driven by the same passion of wanting to show the best things that the only Cayman Islands can offer, they surely offer their services at the highest quality to make sure you’ll be having the best time of your life. Take advantage of concierge recommended tours when in Cayman Islands for a pleasurable travel experience.
George was born in the Cayman Islands, and has a passion for writing about the best things to do in the Cayman Islands including those concierge recommended tours and elsewhere. He travels a lot, and blogs to his audience about his journeys.