Best SEO Tools for Small Business
SEO is a very important aspect of Digital Marketing, but if you want good results from SEO then some amount of investment is necessary in SEO Tools. With a new SEO tool developing every other day, it becomes very difficult for SEO experts to decide which one is best for them and which one will give them the best result. So here is a list of 5 best SEO tools that you must consider to use to give a boost to your SEO efforts.
List of Best SEO Tools
Building quality links for website is a priority for everyone working in a SEO department. Good links means good traffic on your website, but one should be careful with the quality of the links as bad links can get you penalized. Ensuring good quality of links will be possible through Ahrefs. Ahrefs is an excellent tool that will help you to analyze the quality of your backlinks and not only that, you can also keep a track of your competitor’s backlink status.
Through Ahrefs You Can:
- Find the number of referring domains your site have
- Find the links from the .edu and .gov sites
- Find most authoritative links sorted by domain rank
- Check anchor text density
- Find broken links and lost links
- Export all the link data
- Run crawl reports to fix
- Discover content that is working well in your niche
Keeping an eye on your competitor’s SEO strategy can take you a long way and SEMrush can help you with that. When it comes to competitive analysis, SEMrush is one of the best tools to use. Through SEMrush, you can get insights about your competitor’s strategies in display advertising, organic and paid search, and link building.
Through SEMrush You Can:
- Find your competitors
- Check your competitor’s best keywords
- Uncover your competitor’s ad budgets and strategies
- Analyze competitor’s display ads
- Conduct a deep link analysis
- Search for the right keywords for SEO and SEM campaigns
- Search for long tail keywords
- Track SEO results
- Check website’s health and fix SEO issues
- Compare domains with the help of SEMrush charts
SEO and content are highly correlated. You cannot have good rankings on Google and other search engines if your content is not up to the mark and to create good content I have a very good tool for you and that is BuzzSumo. BuzzSumo helps you to find the content that is trending and most shared by the influencers through which you can get the idea for content creation. It will cut down your content efforts and double your SEO progress.
Through BuzzSumo You Can:
- Find out the most shared content across all the major social media platforms
- Find influencers in a particular niche and review their content for content ideas
- Track the performance of the competitor’s content and build your own strategy accordingly
- Get alerts when your keyword is mentioned anywhere on the web through which, you can know the buzz around that keyword.
- Find backlinks generated for a popular post and see if they can help you as well
If you want to rank high on the search engines then it’ll be really difficult if you are targeting only the popular keywords as there is a lot of competition for them and you may end up on the 3rd or 4th page. So instead, try using the long tail keywords as the competition for them is quite low so ranking for them becomes easy. Also the quality of traffic generated through these rankings is good as the keywords are specific.
For example, if you are creating an article on content marketing then don’t just target it for the keyword ‘content marketing’ but search for other related keywords.
You can do this through KeywordTool.io which lets you find the long tail keywords. Like for our example, you can see some of the keyword suggestions below:
Not just this, with the paid package of this tool you can also find out search volume, CPC and Adwords competition.
Other Benefits of KeywordTool.io are:
- You can search keywords for Google, Youtube, Bind and Appstore
- You can search for keywords geography wise
- You can search keywords in different languages
- You can search keywords that are in the question form
If you are low on budget and cannot afford to spend too much on the SEO tools in the beginning then Google Analytics and Google Search Console are your saviors. Through these two tools you can carry out your SEO effectively as they provide you with enough information that is required.
Google Analytics helps you to gain information about your audience:
- Pages visited by them
- Time spend by them on your website
- Their demographics
- Sources through which they came on your website
- Devices used by them
- Many other things
Whereas Google Search Console will help you with the website maintenance and helps you to make it better to attract new audience. It helps you with:
- Search Appearance
- Structured data
- HTML improvements
- Search Traffic
- Links to your site
- Many other things
Some other bonus tools that you can use:
Majestic – For Link Analysis
Plagiarism Checker – To check the originality of content
Search Metrics – For Site Analysis and Competitor’s benchmarking
Google Keyword Planner – For keyword research
So that was a list of some of my favorite SEO tools. Check out which one is most suitable for your SEO strategy and start using it right away.
Author’s Bio: Jinal Shah works as a Digital Marketer at EduPristine. She is passionate about learning, sharing and developing her knowledge in the field of Digital Marketing.